Garden Update and Covid-19

Things are difficult right now. Covid-19 has upended our world, and we, like many others, are practicing social distancing. I'm beyond grateful that I have a garden and yard to enjoy and many beautiful walks nearby. I recognize that many---if not most---in our world are not so fortunate.



We are staying at home as much as possible, only going out for food and exercise. One benefit to this is that I should have plenty of time to work in the garden! I am definitely ahead on pruning this year.

It was a disappointing winter---almost no snow. But the upside is that the spring flowers have bloomed amazingly early. The daffodils are very early and have never looked better, especially in our front yard.


Some white hyacinths vary the color scheme up a bit.



The woodland garden always looks its best in spring. In January the winter aconite came out, looking like bits of sunshine gleaming on the brown earth.




The crocuses came early as well, flowering almost the same time as the aconite, brightening the otherwise brown and gray world around them.


 Yellow and purple continue to be the theme in these early spring days. Forsythia, hyacinths and daffodils make a cheery screen for the gas meter.



More yellow and purple with a tint of blue, this time in the woodland garden. Tete-a-tete daffodils and vinca blooms.


The new section of the woodland garden has a beautiful hellebore and tete-a-tete daffodils.



I am thankful for quiet and time to think and plan, despite everything. I think I may have finally found the right spot to put our compost bins.

I hope you are able to find a quiet moment and outdoor space to breathe deeply and be refreshed.





© 2020. All photos and text belong to me. Do not copy or reproduce without asking. Thanks! :-)


Comments

  1. That hellebore is beautiful! I'd love to put some in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I remembered the variety! I bought it at a local garden shop.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts